Reflections in diffused light
The Medici Fountain (La fontaine Médicis) in the Luxembourg Gardens was built in 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France. It fell into ruins during the 18th century, but in 1811, at the command of Napoleon Bonaparte, the fountain was restored by Jean Chalgrin, the architect of the Arc de Triomphe. The sculptures depict the giant Polyphemus surprising the lovers Acis and Galatea.
FlickrFranceJardin du LuxembourgLuxembourg GardenParisParkSmugMug